Click on the underlined text for more information.
For several years we have been working on the Caldwell Project, which you can read about Here.
Student Travel Bursaries:
In 2018 CGT joined with Ness Botanic Gardens to offer a Travel Bursary.
The main winner that year was Emma Rhodes who gave a presentation at the AGM in 2019. See below to download a pdf of her report.
The 2019 CGT/Ness Travel Bursary is in progress. More information to come.
Most of our special activities, though, are one-offs. Here are some:
Show Gardens - we have created:
- Show Gardens at Arley Garden Festival and RHS Tatton 2012 (left) to publicise the Caldwell Project and
- Features for the Cheshire Gardens of Distinction displays at RHS Tatton (2014)
Foreign Garden Tours:
Belgium (2008), Germany (2011), Portugal (2013), Sweden (2016)
- 2007 - in readiness for Cheshire's '2008 Year of the Garden' we ran a conference at Crewe Hall. It was entitled 'Gardens and Tourism' and was well attended.
- 2014 - we hosted the annual AGM and Conference of the Association of Gardens Trusts at Chester. Delegates were taken on tours of Thornton Manor, Port Sunlight and Burton Manor on the Saturday, then on Sunday it was Cholmondeley Castle and Arley Hall.
Publications: Click HERE to order
- Kemp's Parks and Gardens in Cheshire.
- Caldwells - Nurserymen of Knutsford for two centuries.